01/25/2017 by syrbal-labrys
The Daily Kos is telling us to call Senators. And they are not wrong, our Asshole-in-chief has the plan to fill Scalia’s seat. A judge that out-performs Scalia in asshole-on-women’s-issues? Is that war enough? I give you one William Pryor. Considering how Christian Taliban this guy sounds, it is no wonder his name resembles the job title “Prior”!
- Labeled the Roe v. Wade ruling the “worst abomination in the history of constitutional law” and “a constitutional right to murder an unborn child.”
- Says the federal government “should not be in the business of public education nor the control of street crime.”
- He ruled for the restrictive Georgia voter ID law, claiming that “racially disparate effects” are inadequate to prove a violation of Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act. (The Supreme Court he would sit on has ruled oppositely.)
- He has also attacked environmental protection laws, limits on privacy protection, and on the reach of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Do you think you’d be safer with a woman judge? Not if she is Diana Sykes (as in psycho?), not at all:
- She argued for limits on corporate liability for defects in their products, urged overturning of a $1 million award for damages from defects and overturning a $3.5 million judgment for discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- She took the outrageous view that a prosecutor should be legally shielded from a claim that he fabricated evidence that put a wrongly convicted man in prison for 17 years.
- Sykes wrote the 2-1 Circuit Court majority ruling to invalidate the contraception mandate of Obamacare.
- She disagreed with the 10 other judges on 7th Circuit when she voted for the strict Wisconsin voter ID law despite its unfair impact on student voters.
- She wrote that an anti-gay student group should be allowed to receive state funding and recognition even though it engaged in banned discrimination. Sykes even claimed the group had not discriminated because it allowed membership of gays who vowed not to be engaged in sex. The U.S. Supreme Court subsequently ruled the other way.
Those two are on the A-list? The asshole list, I’d call it. The B-list is made of bastards, too!
- Judge Neil Gorsuch authored a book arguing against legalization of assisted suicide and euthanasia, arguing that “human life is fundamentally and inherently valuable, and that the intentional taking of human life by private persons is always wrong.” As noted by Vox, this stance is a red flag for Gorsuch’s attitudes on abortion.He also sided with religious employers seeking to limit their employees’ rights to birth control coverage in the lower court decision in Hobby Lobby and is an outspoken proponent of limiting federal agencies’ authority to take regulatory action of any kind.
- Judge Thomas Hardiman dissented from a decision by two of his colleagues upholding a New Jersey law providing that someone must demonstrate that they have a “justifiable need” before they can receive a license to carry a firearm in public.Hardiman also holds the opinion that school officials may ban breast cancer awareness bracelets reading “I ♥ boobies! (KEEP A BREAST),” arguing that these bracelets fell within an exception to the First Amendment’s free speech protections for student speech that is “lewd, vulgar, indecent, or plainly offensive.” Nine of his colleagues disagreed.
CALL YOUR SENATORS AND TELL THEM “FUCK NO!”
And then? To reward your word defending yourself, your daughters, your grand-daughters? Go read and enjoy THIS!