09/27/2016 by syrbal-labrys
It’s all “Second Amendment, USA, USA!” until the hand holding the gun is black, isn’t it?
And yet, America is still not ready to talk about the use of guns in mass shootings — most of which are carried out by white men. Like the last week from the site that documents shootings of more than one person at a time:
- Number 353: 9/19/2016, Unknown, 1 dead 3 injured, Jackson, MS
- Number 354: 9/23/2016, Arcan Cetin, 5 dead 0 injured, Burlington, WA
- Number 355: 9/23/2016, Tyson Oglesby, Derrick Stafford, 0 dead 4 injured, Nashville, TN
- Number 356: 9/23/2016, Unknown, 0 dead 4 injured, Houston, TX
- Number 357: 9/24/2016, Unknown, 0 dead 8 injured, Baltimore, MD
- Number 358: 9/25/2016, Unknown, 1 dead 4 injured, Champaign, IL
- Number 359: 9/26/2016, Unknown, 1 dead 9 injured, Houston, TX
FORTY people shot in the last week – not even counting those shot and killed by cops for being black and sitting in a car! But gee, no, we don’t have a gun problem, do we?