03/21/2014 by syrbal-labrys
Ah, Friday…right before I jump off into a weekend of work at a more intense level than the previous week’s worth. I’ve been a bit quiet lately, exhausted and literally breathless as taking in woodsmoke as I burn trim for my kitchen repair/replace/rebuild binge is asthma triggering.
But I’ve been reading, with coffee and woozles all week long, even if not commenting much. I’ve been too angry to be coherent, to be honest.
(1)Religion is SO good to women, look, special dress cause of your specialness!
(2) Sure the hijab is voluntary and humanizing — till you try to take it off.
(3) Athlete to helpless depressive, in one easy dress-up.
(4) The illusionary protection?
Those links are all about Moslem women abandoning the cover-ups demanded of them; they are told modesty is their protection from being a temptation to men, thus, one assumes a protection from rape. Good thing this is typed, eh? If I were talking, there would be a time off while I got back OFF the floor and stifled my bitter laughter. Because:
(5) Even high school officials impose the “rape culture” rules.
(6) And then the “not rape” culture is even more extensive. (A pile of shit by any other name still stinks!)
(7) Women are so devalued as to be considered violent enough to merit shackles for not paying child support? Not bad enough? How about shackles while giving birth?
(8) And after you give birth, shackled or not? Don’t even think about coming back to work while acting like a mother!
Frankly, I’m pretty sick of the entire human race. It is a pretty dehumanizing experience for both halves if you ask me. But I am particularly disgusted with how women are treated in even every day conditions. I can now use all this rage to help me work, right? Damn…who knew fury was an energy source!